Thursday, November 13, 2008
Life
IS HARD, no really it is! Life for me over the last 6+ years has been different. I have had to do a lot of growing up in that time and taking what some people say as "a big person pill". I grew up an only child and the oldest grandchild of my living grandparents. Now I know most of you are saying "spoiled" and while I was to a certain extent I don't think I act like it. A lot of people who didn't know me well wouldn't even guess I was an only child. So a little over 6 years ago I married the love of my life Rachel. Now while that was one of the best moments of my life it was one of the biggest changes of my life. Instead of it all being about me, it was about me and Rachel. Well I think I have finally adjusted (maybe) to the life with a wife :) Rachel and I do butt heads but I think it is because we are so much alike. Then came the birth of our first daughter Reese 2 yrs 8 months ago. Now you talk about a life change for me! This crying baby that never stopped crying, I was in shock. You talk about nothing being about yourself this was it. Over time you learn to get used to it and enjoy watching them growing up. Then came the birth of our second 5 months ago Raeleigh. Now myself is not even a word any more. There is no time for anything but the kids! They are true blessings from God though. So many more things happened over these 6 years. Huge struggles with family, faith in God and leaving a very well established church to help start another, having to spend probably 20,000+ in house repairs and you don't even have $200, Rachel quitting her job to stay at home with the kids (which is the best thing ever), huge medical problems with Rachel, Reese and Raeleigh that of course brings huge medical bills, big money problems that required us to sell about half our belongings, selling my truck, and almost selling our house, my grandpa is dying of cancer, and I am probably leaving something out! So today it just really hit me. We had a king size bed we bought way back that was in bad shape, and despite all of our money problems we went out and bought another one. Well we put it in credit and what was supposed to be 12months no payments/interest. Well long story short we were not informed of some things and the payments were going to be around $100 a month. I talked with corporate and after all was said and done we are left with them coming to get the set and us having no bed. Talk about a wake up call from God. We actually do have a bed, when they came and brought us the new mattress set they took our old one away and of course don't have it so we had to move Reese full bed to our room and put the exta twin in the nursery in Reese room to sleep on. This is the bed Rachel and I used to sleep on way back when we we were probably both 5o pounds or more lighter, LOL!! Anyway the point of my story is not for you to feel sorry for me or to say what an IDIOT!! :) It is that God has showed me material things don't matter, it is not about me, it is about family. Family that I wouldn't trade for the world. I would give up anything to make sure my girls were taken care of (oh yeah my two kids are girls so I live in a house with 3 females!!) It is not about me any more, it is about my wonderful wife and two sweet girls who I would gladly give my life for. As long as they are happy and taken care of, then I am happy and have a peace to my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i love you and you bring me joy, Mister president
Post a Comment