Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Neighborhood Association
Well I am now President of the Meadowbrook Neighboorhood Association. It is made up of three streets: Darden, Meadowbrook, and Brewster. Meadowbrook was the first street formed so it is actually the meadowbrook subdivision. Anyway Rachel and a neighbor down the street have been collaberating for several weeks about starting it up. They passed out fliers to everyone on all three streets with our two girls!! Rachel has also started up the monthly newsletter and weekly email newsletter and she also volunteered to be secretery. So last night was the big night of our first meeting. We had no idea what kind of turn out to expect and we ended up with around 20-25. That was a very good number and we hope to have more turn out and we keep going. Most of these people had been involved with the MNA in the past. Most of the same people had to do everything and in the end they were looking for a "youth movement" to take over and help out, well they never got that so they just disbanded. This is where Rachel and I come in. We had a huge turn out from the older crowd and a small turn out from the middle age crowd, and then just Rachel and I from what I will call the "youth movement crowd" (LOL). Anyway we really hope to changed that. So anyway we just kinda spearheaded this with no idea what to expect and what type of format to do and just kinda went with it. I had planned on letting Rachel do all the talking as I don't do very well in front of crowds, however at the last minute something came over me and we probably split the talking time. Anyway we talked about a good bit of stuff, then it came down to electing the officers. Well Rachel had already volunteered to be secretery and a neighbor down the road had voluteered to be President so we were told, we had talked a new couple that just moved in across the street into joining and she said she would be treasurer. I said I would go ahead and be vice president if nobody else wanted to. Well when it came time to ask for volunteers for President no a single soul raised their hands (you could hear a pin drop)(LOL) so I knew it would be me!! LOL Well when it came time to ask for vice president the same thing, finally the guy I thought might be president volunteered and we were set. I can't blame people for not volunteering though because most of them had been stuck doing it for years!! We have good ideas and I am excited about where this could possibly go and it is always good to meet new neighbors and just to have people look out for you. The MNA will be hosting a christmas party in Dec so hopefully we can have more people turn out for that who will be interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment